- St Paul’s Cathedral Melbourne: cathedral.org.au . On Sunday 8 August 2021 there will be a 10am Choral Eucharist and an 8am Book of Common Prayer (1662) Eucharist.
- Anglican Parish of the Parks – St Silas and St Anselm, Albert Park: parishoftheparks.com.au. Follow the links to Worship and Sunday Video. NB 9.30am Sundays – Sung Eucharist.
- St John’s Camberwell: stjohnscamberwell.org.au Follow links to ‘Online Services’. Eucharist @ 8am, Sung Eucharist @ 10am.
- St George’s East Ivanhoe: stgeorgeseastivanhoe.org Follow links to ‘Media’. Choral Eucharist@ 10am is streamed on Facebook and Youtube.
- St Hilary’s Kew: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nKPqso01v8U 10am – Sunday 26 September 2021
CHURCH OPENING AND VACCINATION STATUS.
The Diocese Covid-19 Update advises that all clergy who exercise a full ministry must be fully vaccinated otherwise they will not be able to do so. I have had my second vaccination of AstraZeneca on 30 September 2021!
The worship services will be a two-tiered system, those who are fully vaccinated are able to attend the 10am Sunday Eucharist, those who are unvaccinated or whose vaccination status is unknown are invited to attend the Sunday Eucharist at 12 noon.
Members of the congregation must advise their vaccination status to the Priest in Charge of the Worship before entering the church.
The 4 sqm rule, QR check-in, masks worn and social distancing rules all apply. The Diocese believes that the church will be allowed to open from 5 November or 26 October depending on the fully vaccinated percentage of the Melbourne population.
At present funerals can be held indoors with restrictions on numbers depending on vaccination status. Weddings can only be held outdoors. Meetings, Opportunity Shop, etc are still not allowed.
The congregation will be advised as soon as the restrictions have been lifted and when the church will again be open for Sunday worship.
Noel Whale, Priest of Holy Trinity Port Melbourne
EUCHARIST FOR RETIRING CLERGY AND SPOUSES – THIS TUESDAY! FATHER NOEL TO PREACH!
This Tuesday – 12 October 2021 @10.30am, Noel will preach at a service in St Paul’s Cathedral. The service is a Eucharist for Retired Clergy and Spouses, but anyone can join in using the following link: https://youtu.be/l791pBlPOCs
He will most likely be preaching in an almost empty cathedral!
The service will be available for viewing afterwards on the same link.
TMA (The Melbourne Anglican) – October edition
As we are currently unable to meet in person at church, paper copies of TMA cannot be distributed. Alternatively, below is the link to the October 2021 digital edition.:
TMA’S ‘THE NEWSTAND’
‘THE NEWSTAND’ is the TMA Online selection of the week’s news and views on faith. To access, use the following link:
This week’s items include:
- City’s churches clothe Afghan refugees in ‘crazy situation’;
- More families in need of food relief as welfare deadline approaches;
- Dominic Perrottet: From big family to the premier for families;
- The green shoots of city gardening: the old Melbourne church yard becoming a fertile farm;
- Ethiopia Tigray crisis: From monk to soldier – how war has split a church.
ADVANCE NOTICE – DEANERY EVENSONG TO BE HELD AT HTPM – Sunday 14 November 2021 @ 5pm
Covid restrictions permitting, HTPM will host the Deanery Evensong on November 14. A wonderful opportunity to meet parishioners from neighbouring parishes.
DATES TO NOTE:
Sunday 24 October @ 12 noon: The next Parish Zoom Gathering
Thursday 21 October @ 6pm: Parish Council Meeting via Zoom
Sunday 21 November @ 12 noon: Parish Statutory Meeting (AGM) – details to follow re ‘in person’ or Zoom